EDUCATION & EVENTS
ENROLLMENT & CREDENTIALING
FORMS & MANUALS
POLICIES & GUIDELINES
PROGRAMS & INITIATIVES
PROVIDER NETWORKS & SPECIALTIES
Coronavirus: Blue Cross Preparations
We have prepared contingency plans to ensure business operations continue to run smoothly in the event of an outbreak in Alabama. This means providers and their patients who are Blue Cross members will continue to receive the highest quality service possible from us.
In the event of an outbreak, we are prepared to take necessary steps to provide ongoing services for you and your patients, including:
- Continuing to process claims electronically. 99 percent of claims are processed electronically, so we do not anticipate any disruption to claims processing and payment.
- Ensuring you get Blue Cross information from ProviderAccess, 24/7.
- Heavily utilizing telework to maintain staffing of critical business areas.
- Covering laboratory testing for coronavirus when this becomes commercially available.
- Developing plans to increase access to telehealth services.