PA Resources Portlet
EDUCATION & EVENTS
ENROLLMENT & CREDENTIALING
FORMS & MANUALS
POLICIES & GUIDELINES
PROGRAMS & INITIATIVES
PROVIDER NETWORKS & SPECIALTIES
PA Dynamic Rendering
Care Alerts notify providers when an attributed patient has an emergency room visit or is admitted to or discharged from a hospital.
Physicians and physician extenders in obstetrics-gynecology or a primary care field can subscribe to receive the types of alerts (emergency room visit, hospital admission, and/or hospital discharge) they want to receive about their patients and select how they'd like to receive them (Direct message*, secure email, and/or fax).
ProviderAccess Administrators: Enroll Providers Online for Care Alerts
- Log in to ProviderAccess.
- Click "Users" in the upper right corner of screen.
- Select the tab labeled, "Care Alerts."
*Direct messages are similar to email but are delivered right to your electronic health record (EHR) system securely and almost immediately. Contact your EHR vendor to obtain a Direct messaging address if you do not already have one.
Benefits of Receiving Care Alerts
- Patient care management is improved through:
- Awareness of patient care received outside your office.
- Identified opportunities to close patient gaps in care.
- Better transition of care after hospital discharge.
- Potential improvement in these performance measures:
- Plan All-Cause Readmissions (Hospital Readmissions)
- Medication Reconciliation Post Discharge for Blue Advantage® Members
*Direct messaging is a technology standard required by the Office of the National Coordinator (ONC)-certified EHR solutions for the secure exchange of clinical information via the Internet.