PA Resources Portlet
CODING & DOCUMENTATION
EDUCATION & EVENTS
ENROLLMENT & CREDENTIALING
FORMS & MANUALS
POLICIES & GUIDELINES
PROGRAMS & INITIATIVES
PROVIDER NETWORKS & SPECIALTIES
PA Dynamic Rendering
Care Alerts notify providers when an attributed patient has an emergency room visit or is admitted to or discharged from a hospital.
Physicians, nurse practitioners, nurse-midwives, and physician assistants in the specialties listed below can subscribe to receive the following types of alerts about their patients: emergency room visit, hospital admission and/or hospital discharge. You can also select how messages are received (i.e., direct message*, secure email, and/or fax).
|Family Practice||Internal Medicine||Geriatrics|
|General Practice||Pediatrics||Urgent Care|
Benefits of Receiving Care Alerts
- Patient care management is improved through:
- Awareness of patient care received outside your office.
- Opportunities identified to close gaps in patient care.
- Better transition of care after hospital discharge.
- Primary Care Select Incentive Program
- Follow-Up After Emergency Department Visit for Mental Illness (7 days)
- Follow-Up After Emergency Department Visit for Mental Illness (30 days)
- Follow-Up After Emergency Department Visit for Alcohol and Other Drug Dependence (7 days)
- Follow-Up After Emergency Department Visit for Alcohol and Other Drug Dependence (30 days)
- Blue Advantage Primary Care Incentive Program
Direct messaging is a technology standard required by the Office of the National Coordinator (ONC)-certified EMR solutions for the secure exchange of clinical information via the Internet.
ProviderAccess Administrators: Enroll Providers Online for Care Alerts
- Log in to ProviderAccess.
- Click "Users" in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Select the tab labeled, "Care Alerts."
*Direct messages are similar to email but are delivered right to your electronic medical record (EMR) system securely and in near-real time. Contact your EH=MR vendor to obtain a Direct messaging address if you do not already have one.