EDUCATION & EVENTS
ENROLLMENT & CREDENTIALING
FORMS & MANUALS
POLICIES & GUIDELINES
PROGRAMS & INITIATIVES
PROVIDER NETWORKS & SPECIALTIES
FEP COVID-19 Coverage and Billing Information
COVID-19 and telehealth coverage and cost-sharing amounts (deductibles, copayments, etc.) can vary among Blue Cross plans, including the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Federal Employee Program® (BCBS FEP®). Always check eligibility and benefits through ProviderAccess or your practice management system to confirm benefits and cost-sharing details.
Telehealth services provided by in-network providers (non-TeladocTM providers) are covered for BCBS FEP members until further notice.
Non-Teladoc providers should use place of service code 02 and appropriate modifiers (95, GT, GQ) when filing claims for telehealth services for FEP members.
FEP will cover the following telehealth-specific procedure codes when billed by participating or preferred providers: 99091, 99421-99423, 99453, 99454, 99457, 99458, 98970- 98972, 99441- 99443, 98966-98968, G0406-G0408, G0425-G0427, G2010, G2012, G2061-G2063 and Q3014.
COVID-19 Testing and Treatment
- FEP will waive the pre-authorization requirement and member cost-share for COVID-19 testing, regardless of the outcome of the test (positive or negative). FEP will only cover testing claims for COVID-19 if the appropriate codes are used.
- FEP will waive the member cost-share for COVID-19 treatment. FEP will cover COVID-19 related claims using the CDC coding guidelines, including the diagnosis codes: Z03.818 or Z20.828.
- FEP will waive the cost share for prescriptions for up to a 14-day supply.
Behavioral Health Resources
BCBS FEP members can receive help managing stressors brought on by COVID-19 through a subset of Livongo’s Mental Wellness program, myStrength. The offering is available to all BCBS FEP members through December 31, 2020, and includes:
- Strategies to manage heightened stress
- Tips for parenting during challenging times
- Ideas to manage social isolation
- Other information for emotional support
Members can register on myStrength’s COVID-19 and Mental Wellness page and send questions about the program to email@example.com.
Teladoc is an independent company providing electronic physician consultation services to Blue Cross and Blue Shield Federal Employee Program members.
Livongo is an independent company and operates separately from Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama. Livongo is solely responsible for its products, and does not sell or service Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama products.