PA Resources Portlet
CODING & DOCUMENTATION
EDUCATION & EVENTS
ENROLLMENT & CREDENTIALING
FORMS & MANUALS
POLICIES & GUIDELINES
PROGRAMS & INITIATIVES
PROVIDER NETWORKS & SPECIALTIES
PA Dynamic Rendering
Member Rights and Responsibilities Statement
Our members have certain rights and responsibilities to make sure they get the most out of their healthcare plan. Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama members have the right to:
- Receive information about our services, doctors and providers, and member rights and responsibilities.
- Be treated with respect and recognition of their dignity and right to privacy.
- Participate with doctors in making decisions about their healthcare.
- Have candid discussion of appropriate or medically necessary treatment options for their conditions, regardless of cost or benefit coverage.
- Voice complaints or appeals about us or the care they receive from our network providers.
- Make recommendations regarding our member rights and responsibilities policy.
Members of a Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama health plan have the responsibility to:
- Supply information (to the extent possible) that we, as well as our contracted doctors and providers, need in order to provide care.
- Follow plans and instructions for care provided by medical professionals.
- Seek education about health problems and participate in developing treatment goals, as much as possible.