Promote COVID-19 Vaccinations - Help End the Pandemic
- Use this link to download the 1-minute video above and play it on your waiting room televisions, website, patient portal and social media channels to help promote the importance of the vaccines.
- View our COVID-19 Vaccination: Provider FAQs for more information about the administration of available vaccines.
- Always check eligibility and benefits through ProviderAccess or your practice management system to confirm coverage and cost-sharing details for each patient.
- Important note about Blue Advantage® members: Providers administering COVID-19 vaccines to patients with our Blue Advantage plans must submit those claims to the CMS Medicare Administrative Contractor (MAC) for payment.
|Vaccine Code||Vaccine Name||Vaccine Administration Codes|
|91300: Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) (Coronavirus disease [COVID-19]) vaccine, mRNA-LNP, spike protein, preservative free, 30 mcg/0.3mL dosage, diluent reconstituted, for intramuscular use||Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine|
0001A: First Dose
0002A: Second Dose
|91301: Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) (Coronavirus disease [COVID-19]) vaccine, mRNA-LNP, spike protein, preservative free, 100 mcg/0.5mL dosage, for intramuscular use||Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine|
0011A: First Dose
0012A: Second Dose
|91303: Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) (coronavirus disease [COVID-19]) vaccine, DNA, spike protein, adenovirus type 26 (Ad26) vector, preservative free, 5x1010 viral particles/0.5mL dosage, for intramuscular use||Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine|
0031A: Single Dose
Note: Vaccine codes are effective after the U.S. Food and Drug Administration approves for emergency use.
Federal Guidance on COVID-19 Vaccine Administration
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ Office of Inspector General has issued an announcement about COVID-19 vaccination administration guidance that includes the following:
- The vaccine must be administered at no cost to recipients.
- Providers may not charge an office visit or other fee if the COVID-19 vaccine is the sole medical service provided.
- Providers may not seek any reimbursement, including through balance billing, from the vaccine recipient.
You can read the entire announcement at oig.hhs.gov/coronavirus by clicking the headline “Message from HHS-OIG Leadership on the COVID-19 Vaccination Program and Provider Compliance” dated April 15, 2021.