HealthSmartRx Smart RxAssist
Blue Cross worked with HealthSmartRx (HSRx), an independent company, to implement the Smart RxAssist program.
Smart RxAssist offers savings through copay assistance for eligible members who are prescribed specific provider-administered specialty drugs. This copay assistance will ensure that these members continue to have access to these drugs at no cost, which can improve adherence and clinical outcomes. Eligible members are required to enroll in Smart RxAssist per group benefits for provider-administered drugs in scope for this program.
For more information, review our Smart RxAssist Program FAQs.
- Check ProviderAccess Eligibility and Benefits or your practice management software to determine if Smart RxAssist participation and/or drug precertification is required for your patient. Follow the steps provided in our instructional flier.
- If required, initiate precertification through the pre-service review process. You will receive a letter if precertification is approved.
- If your patient has not yet enrolled in Smart RxAssist, enrollment materials are mailed to your eligible patient. An HSRx Patient Advocate will also reach out to your patient by phone to facilitate enrollment and answer any questions they may have.
- Your office may be contacted by HSRx for assistance in getting in touch with your patient for enrollment and/or to provide documentation required by the manufacturer for the copay assistance program.
Once your patient is enrolled, an HSRx Patient Advocate will contact your office to provide additional details including how you will receive copay assistance funds from the manufacturer.
- Look for a fax verification confirming your patient’s Smart RxAssist enrollment. Once you receive notification, you may proceed with providing treatment.
- Submit a medical claim to Blue Cross for primary payment.
If you have questions, email HSRx at FinancialAssistance@HealthSmart.com or call the appropriate number for your patient's group:
|Public Education Employees Health Insurance Plan (PEEHIP)
|State Employees Insurance Board (SEIB)
|Local Government Health Insurance Program
|All Other Groups
HealthSmartRx is an independent company that provides provider-administered drug copay assistance program management for Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama.