EDUCATION & EVENTS
ENROLLMENT & CREDENTIALING
FORMS & MANUALS
POLICIES & GUIDELINES
PROGRAMS & INITIATIVES
New Medication Adherence Information in Patient Health Snapshot and Patient Management Resource
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimates that non-adherence causes 30 to 50 percent of chronic disease treatment failures and 125,000 deaths per year in this country.*
Medications don’t work for patients who don’t take them. To help you monitor your Blue Advantage® patients’ medication adherence, we added new information in the Drug Information section of the Patient Health Snapshot and the Opportunity List tab of the Patient Management Resource (scroll down to the Medication Adherence Details by Patient section):
A value of Very High, High, Medium or Low is displayed to indicate a patient's likelihood to be noncompliant at the end of the year.
A patient’s refill status is displayed as:
- Missed - patient has already missed his or her refill due date,
- Fill Soon - refill is due within the next 30 days, or
- Fill > 30 Days - refill is due more than 30 days from now.
Statin Use in Persons with Diabetes Information - For patients with diabetes who take statins, the information displayed will differ slightly:
- Non-Adherence Forecast
- Very High - patient has not yet filled one required statin prescription this year, or
- Low - patient has filled one required statin prescription this year.
- Refill Status
- Blank - patient already filled one required statin prescription for the year, or
- Missed - patient has not filled one required statin prescription for the year.
* Source: FDA.gov - Why You Need to Take Medications as Prescribed or Instructed